In view of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic, you will be aware that the government has been issuing guidance to organisations in relation to this and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Although the government believes that most people will only have a mild illness, some older people or people with pre-existing health conditions may experience severe illness and our main concern is for the well-being of our members and staff.
Following recent government guidelines, there are some simple and effective actions everyone should be taking to protect themselves and their wider community:
Do not visit the clubhouse if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g. new cough, sore throat or fever).
• Wash your hands with soap and water often
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in a bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Refrain from shaking hands
In addition, the cleaning and bar staff will focus their attention on key areas such as door handles and push plates, the disinfection of tables, chairs, bar areas etc.
All staff members have been asked to be extra vigilant with hand washing.
I thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation on all the above matters and assure you that we will continue to monitor the situation and update members as required.